Sunday, December 03, 2006

Mommy bought us a graveyard

My mother bought us a graveyard for Rs 4000. Yes. Members from our church were to contribute 4000 per family for buying land for a new graveyard. So mommy dearest went right ahead and paid for us so that we can rest in peace there someday.
I am reminded of Z asking me what I would want written on my epitaph. Hers she said would read "She smiled all the days of her life". Back then I did'nt really realise what that meant. Now I know. Nice. I wish I could steal it but I won't. Now that I have land too I'd better figure out what I want written on my epitaph. Because like Z says and I agree we don't want - beloved daughter, beloved mother, loving grandmother, loyal friend, great human being...written on our tombstones. My life and my grave, I shall decide what's to be written, soon. I'm thinking.

No comments: