Tuesday, January 16, 2007

For Me

Make me a potion.

Start with water from the Ganga, flowing in Uttaranchal. Put in the rain from mexico. A leaf from the Amazon. Some tattoo ink. Earth from the field, where I ran in school. Some rain from the city of joy.
Put in some glue that's used for making kites. My countrys earth. Cut and put a piece of my Grandmothers saree lying in her trunk, stir her smell and the look in her eyes. Earth from my mothers garden.Earth from a cricket field beneath the little masters feet. Put in a guitar string. Stir it with a flute for a while. Put some water from a well in Ireland.
Put in the brick dust from a gully in benaras. Put a bit of "him", a strand of his hair. Put a bit 'him' too, let his smile reflect in the bowl, mix it with everything that's inside. Put in a crows feather.
Pass the bowl through the cities and towns where my friends live, let them see it. Let my father look into it. Let my mother hold it for sometime.

Make me drink it.
And take me running.
Forever.

No comments: