Saturday, January 06, 2007

On my way back


The train
I sit with my knees folded up parallel to my chest. I've turned off the light so that the gentleman on the seat opposite to me can get some sleep. He gets down in a few hours. It's pretty dark, except the white sheet of paper on which I'm writing which reflects the light that comes through the glass window.
***
I lie on my stomach and see the lights of a strange town pass me by. No, no, I pass by. Sambalpur.

Vizag Ahoy

I'm in this place called Kailashgiri hills. From up here you can see the sea - ay, the Bay of Bengal, miles of the coastline and the whole town. You can see the waves hit the shore, but theres no noise that you can hear, and the waves seem to be moving so slowly. I don't know how far I can look into the sea because after a point it seems like I'm looking at the sky, but the tiny little things, I assume them to be sails of boats tell me I'm still looking at the sea. I sit on a bench, once in a while getting burps of the Idli I ate at the station. A while ago few kids were blowing soap bubbles near me. There are a lot of dragon flies flying around. I'll leave in sometime and go to the beach. On my way here I saw a sole horse/mare on the beach. I'm hoping to get a ride. How I envy those who live by the sea.

***

The train

I'm lying down, still, except for my hand. I've taken off my glasses, I do that when I'm very tired but somehow at ease. That way I can't see clearly, and I make no effort to see, I just look into nothing, with my eyes open. And the mind goes wandering.

I don't want to go back, I really don't want to go back. Damn. I don't want to go back.

No comments: