Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Magic

"जादू है मेरी हाथों में"

There is magic in my hands, I swear. This is what I've been saying since I was young. But there is magic in my hands, I swear. I swear. I can fix broken things. Touch of my hands and a computer thats not been working for months starts working. Come to my house on christmas, I do the house beautifully. I wash my clothes, better than any washing machine. I ride my cycle like a dream. I make good pav bhaji. These are just material things but hand on my heart if I were a surgeon/doctor I'd never let anyone who came to me die. That kind of magic I believe, that kind of power, that kind of faith. Some corner of my heart I'm convinced I was born to be a surgeon. I never tried being one, I'm just convinced now. Reminds me of an old man saw my fingers when I was young and said I was going to be a surgeon.

There was this boy I loved once. I could still fight the world for him, run the earth two times over, take him flying with my wings around him over the violent cruel sea and keep him safe, I have that kind of power. I don't love him romantically now, but I love him. I always believed that if I touched his face just once, with the tip of my fingers, it would work magic. He wouldn't even have to know that I touched his face, maybe if I could just touch it while he was asleep. His troubles would come to an end, it would have nothing to do with me, just that my hands would work magic. That kind of power, that kind of faith.

There is magic in my hands, I swear.

No comments: