Friday, March 13, 2009

Celebration time...

The Crow has won a fiction writing competition - second place - a ten thousand rupees!!!
Cheers to the organizers, the crow shall ever be grateful.
It's crazy. The last time that I ever won anything was back in school (years ago now) - my medals at long distance running and 400 m. That was the only thing I'd ever been "good" at. That was the only time when I pushed myself to get better. That was the only time I ever wanted to be good at something. Since then yes I want to write better, teach myself.
I've always told my friends that the only thing I wish to achieve in law school is to win some writing competition - legal or otherwise. And this comes just when needed most - when I've been thinking of how law school has been a waste - how I didn't push myself to make something out of me - how I didn't try to see my space in this world, I didn't even realise that was the purpose of life - how I'd never make the same mistake again - and how from now my life was going to be bigger than me.
Oh and yes I dared to read my "award winning entry" again, I think it sucks, could have been much much better. Can't wait to sound the way I want to sound
The crow shall live a mighty big life, however long. There's work to do. It is time, finally.

No comments: