Thursday, April 16, 2009

First Phase Polling

Red terror has been predominant as anticipated. Elections have been disrupted at several places in Jharkhand, Orissa, Chattisgarh.
In my polling station at shamirpet (Malkajgiri and Medchal Constituencies, Andhra Pradesh) about 260 people (About 1200 are registered there) had voted till 11 in the morning. All seemed so good. Lots of people men, women. Long ques in spite of the heat. So many of us have that faith and feel bound by duty. It was an amazing feeling. To have faith in that one vote. Magical.
I voted. I was so nervous inside. I'd never imagined that before. In the booth I was shaking as I cast my vote, scared I would mess up the buttons. I was fucking nervous. It feels so good.
Hope there is no further fuck up and secutiry is in control.

No comments: