Friday, July 07, 2006

My friend

The other day I had dinner early and came right back to my room. Not lonely, not sad, just wanted to be on my own in my room before roomate got back. Not that I have issues with her, I like her. Just wanted to be alone. Came back and called mom and dad, and then called this friend. Like they say old friends are best friends......sigh......nothing like an old friend.
Spoke to her after quite sometime. We haven't really kept in touch, we don't know the details of each others lives. Not the way I'm in touch with Shally and others. But she's special, very special.
She spoke of the weather in Bombay and how it had been raining for the past two days, and she'd been sitting at home and reading. Though she doesn't really read. And I think I told her how the wind just wouldn't stop roaring here in Hyderabad. She told me that I must read the book she is reading, a friend of hers lent it to her, apparentely this friend of hers is the tallest model in India.
We spoke of other things and then for some reason I had to stop talking I told her I'd call her the next day, and well I still haven't. Doesn't bother me. She's there and she's one of my dearest friends.
There was this card that I wrote for her some five or six years back, she tells me she keeps it in her cupboard and reads it often still. I remember some of what I had written, but I still wonder what wisdom from me, back then when we were kids.
Love you sweetheart. Not like she's ever going to read this. Thats life, somebody yours without being a part of your life, the thought of someone making you smile and you not worried about ever meeting that person again. Nothing to gain, nothing to lose. Just a feeling that makes life beautiful.

No comments: